Watching Stephen Co demonstrate Pranic Healing is like watching a martial artist practicing form exercises. His hands move precisely, sometimes slow, other times with quick grabbing and sweeping motions, always fluid and focused. You can feel (at times, you’d swear, even see) energy being generated and released.
He likes working with martial artists, he says. “They understand energy movement – Tai Chi practitioners in China were amazed that Pranic Healing used some of their same movements for healing applications.”
Do you want to hear more?
He’s also a consummate storyteller, and his favorite question in classes is “Do you want to hear more?” Here’s the story of how he came to Pranic Healing – or how it came to him.
“I grew up in the Philippines and went to Catholic school and followed the sacraments. But if you’re looking for someone to tell you he was always on quest for enlightenment, or dabbling in alternative healing, I’m the wrong man. My only exposure was to the Catholic Church, and to fortunetellers my mother often took me to. By the time I grew up I became an engineer and a Baptist – and for me, anything that didn’t come from the Church came from the other side.”
Co, however, remembers a strange prophecy made by a fortuneteller when he was thirteen, dragged again to the man by his mother. “He kept pointing to triangles and other lines on my hands and saying to her, ‘Do you see this, do you see that?’ All I wanted was to go home. But then he said something that’s remained in my memory to this day. He said, ‘When this boy is twenty-four years old, something more precious than gold will fall in his hands.’ And it was when I was twenty-four and my wife broke her hip that I found Pranic Healing.”
The doctor said it was a compound fracture and would be three or four months before his wife would walk again. “At that time I took a visualization class called Silva Method, and there someone told me about Pranic Healing. I said, okay, I’m skeptical but I’ll try it if it heals my wife.”
It did, very quickly – and Co became a lifetime student of the man who taught the class, Pranic founder Grand Master Choa Kok Sui of the Philippines.
- Pranic Healing is a non-touch system that teaches students to scan, or actually feel the aura, to assess areas of energetic depletion, congestion, or stagnation.
- It then employs a manual cleansing technique called sweepingto remove blockages and stagnant energy before giving fresh energy. Sweeping can help prevent uncomfortable detoxification symptoms, and often allows the body to heal itself more quickly by permitting fresh energy to penetrate deeper into the body, to be utilized as healing fuel.
- Pranic techniques take a cookbook approach to healing, using specific energetic routines of cleansing and energizing, matched to specific patterns of energetic deficiencies related to illnesses.
- Practitioners are taught to draw energy directly from the sun, air, ground, and other spiritual sources, and project this prana into a subject’s auras and chakras, using color energies to accelerate the body’s innate healing abilities.
- Pranic Healing also includes a practice called energetic hygiene not always found in healing modalities – a set of breathing practices, dietary recommendations, and cleansing routines designed to keep your personal energy tank clean and full, and prevent subjects or negative people from draining your life force.
The non-compete clause.
Master Co points out that Pranic Healing is designed to complement and enhance other healing techniques, not compete with them – shamanism, Native American techniques, Chinese chi kung, Reiki, massage therapy, chiropractic, Christian laying on of hands, even traditional orthodox medicine.
“After all,” he says, “all healing comes from One Source, expressed in a myriad of ways.”
(Some information excerpted from Your Hands Can Heal You by Stephen Co and Eric Robins, MD.)
Master Stephen Co returns to Austin for evening workshops July 14, Nature’s Treasures; July 15, Unity Church in Gruene; and July 16, AOMA. All workshops, 7pm. Full weekend MCKS Pranic Healing intensives, August 2-3 (Level 1) and August 3-4 (Level 2). More information and registration: www.MasterStephenCo.com